Collection of Personal Information
This is the website of Expert Decisions Inc.
On our web site, we ask for personal information from those who download and/or install our evaluation software.
Methods Where We Need Information (Not Opt-In)
When you place an order online with us, we collect information about you, which may include your name, address, credit card information, and other information deemed necessary. This information is necessary in order for us to process and complete your order.
Beta Test Software
Expert Decisions Inc. may, at its discretion, require that all those who wish to use its pre-release software (beta) to provide Expert Decisions Inc. with their name and e-mail address. Expert Decisions Inc. may also choose to prevent beta versions of its software from installing or running if such information is not provided to us.
Anonymous Information Collection
Expert Decisions Inc. collects general usage information about visitors coming to our Web and FTP sites. This information is used to analyze visitor traffic volume and browsing patterns.
Use of Personal Information
Expert Decisions Inc. may use personal information that it has collected to:
- Provide you with notices of new information that may be of use or interest to you. This may include newsletters, tutorials, web site update notices, or notification on the availability of new products, product updates, maintenance releases, and beta versions of products.
- Warn you of the impending termination of the trial period of evaluation versions of our software.
- Register licensed copies of the product in your name. We do not keep credit card information as part of your product registration.
- Determine at our discretion your eligibility to receive product support on evaluation versions of our software.
- Survey you (and others) in an attempt to improve our web site, our products, or our business.
- Notify you of third-party products that we believe might be of interest to you. Expert Decisions Inc. will not intentionally share personal information with third parties without your consent.
- Improve the quality of our web site. Expert Decisions Inc. does not collect information about individual users without your knowledge.
- Help us analyze general traffic patterns throughout our site.
Security of Information
Expert Decisions Inc. will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, unauthorized alteration, destruction or other malfeasance, as dictated by any current or future agreements.